Pea, leak and potato soup
- Helps to soothe a bloated tummy
- Aids digestion
- Easy to digest & assimilate
Preparation & cooking time 30mins
- 3 large leeks, about 3cm diameter
- 2 tbsp of rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 vegetable stock cubes (good quality)
- 1 ½ litres water
- 3 medium potatoes cut into 5mm cubes
- 225g frozen petits pois or fresh baby peas
- Cut the leeks in half lengthwise and then into chunks. Now cut the leeks into small chunks. Place in a large bowl and rinse in cold water to clean. Strain through a sieve.
- In a medium size heavy bottom cooking pot, add the oil. Place the chopped leeks into the cooking pot and cook for around 10 minutes until slightly softened (add a little water if it starts to burn). Add water, stock cubes, potatoes and bring to the boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas, cook for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender soft.
- Puree the soup with a hand blender or puree in a food processor or liquidiser, then return to the cooking pot and reheat if necessary. Lightly season to taste.