- Helps to soothe & comfort a bloated tummy
- Contains Vitamin B5 & Vitamin D
Preparation & cooking time 35 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 250g chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 350g arborio rice
- 1.2 litres/2 pints hot good quality vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or fresh basil
- 25g non dairy spread
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Few sprigs of fresh lemon thyme or normal thyme
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy based saucepan and add the onion and thyme. Fry over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the chestnut mushrooms and fry for a further 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in the rice and coat in the oil. Add a ladleful of the stock and simmer, stirring again, until the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock in this way, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is plump and tender.
- Add the non dairy spread, salt, pepper and stir into the risotto. Cover the risotto and leave it for a couple of minutes. Serve with freshly chopped herbs.