- High in anti-inflammatory properties
- High in protein
- High in Vitamin E
15-20 minutes plus cooling time
- 2 cups raw, whole rolled oats
- ½ cup raw seeds such as sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened dried fruit such as raisins (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp agave syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract/almond extract
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 or a small pinch fine sea salt
Pre-heat the oven to 150C
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and use clean hands to mix well and toss to coat everything through. Mix all the coconut oil so there are no solid lumps. The warmth from your hands will melt it into the mixture.
2. Spread in a thin layer on a baking tray lined with baking parchment/greaseproof paper (if you haven’t used up all the mix on one baking tray you can add to another baking tray and bake several batches)
3. Bake for approximately 10 minutes until very lightly toasted. It’s important to watch it doesn’t burn.
4. Remove the tray from the oven and allow it to cool. You can transfer it onto a cooling rack to cool completely before pouring it into an airtight container such as a glass jar. It will keep for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or a cool/dry place.