Chicken escalope with mash potato
Comforting & satisfying
- High in protein
- Contains Vitamin B9
Preparation & cooking time 25 mins
- Around 550g of free range chicken breast with no skin
- 700g of potatoes – medium to large / peeled and chopped
- 2 handfuls if fresh basil / around 31g
- Olive oil
- 335g of fresh broccoli / cut into small chunks
- 2 knobs of unsalted butter
- Salt & pepper
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks, place them into a saucepan filled with water and boil them until soft – 15 to 20 minutes / medium heat
- While the potatoes are cooking sandwich each chicken breast between two sheets of cling film. Using a rolling pin, flatten each chicken breast until it has widened and become thinner (this is called an escalope). Remove the cling film. Lightly season the chicken escalopes with salt and pepper and lightly coat the chicken with olive oil.
- Heat up a grill pan and cook the chicken for 4 to 6 mins on each side.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the broccoli into a saucepan with a little water ( less than quarter of a saucepan) and steam the broccoli for 2 mins
- Thinly chop the basil and place it into a bowl, add 3 tbsp of olive oil and mix it together
- For the mash potato, drain the potatoes and place them back into the saucepan, add the butter and 2 tbsp of olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper then get a potato masher and mash until smooth.
- Serve the chicken with the basil & oil